Sunday, August 23, 2009

my artworks | CINEMARAMA exhibition | november 2008

kepong : womyn and children first | charcoal on canvas | 91.4 cm x 106.8 cm | 2008 | *sold!


kepong : the widow | charcoal and acrylic on canvas | 91.4 cm x 106.8 cm | 2008 | *still available!

potemkin: odessa step: the cry | charcoal and acrylic on canvas | 91.4 cm x 106.8 cm | 2008 |*still available!

potemkin : screaming womyn | charcoal and acrylic on canvas | 91.4 cm x 106.8 cm | 2008 |*sold!

these are my artworks, charcoal and acrylic on canvas. exhibited at 360 Studio Gallery, Desa Park City, Selangor, Malaysia  with 2 other artists under a show tittle "Cinerama". I was invited by a friend, Fathullah Luqman to join the exhibition with the theme related with movie/film. Basically my shit, i just freeze scenes in two separate propaganda movies; battleship potemkin, 1925 by Sergei Eisenstein in Russia, a pro communist and bukit kepong, 1981 by Jins Shamsuddin, the anti communist movie from Malaysia. I select two scenes from each movies, choose the higly emotional, close up scene with scenes of womyn and children.. dont ask me why.. pikir la!

No comments:

Post a Comment